ProSight Selects Program Brokerage Corporation to Launch Pest Control Program
MORRISTOWN, N.J., September 14, 2016
ProSight Specialty Insurance today announced the launch of a new pest control program to be distributed by its valued partner, Program Brokerage Corporation (PBC), a leading wholesale insurance brokerage firm and the official endorsed broker of the National Pest Management Association (NPMA). The specialized insurance solution expands ProSight’s footprint within the building and building services industry, and will include general liability, property, inland marine and crime coverages. Endorsements protecting against client loss of income, professional liability and chemical exposure will also be offered.
“There are a number of inherent risks in the work performed by pest control operators—from the complexities of inspecting new properties, to the hazards of working with chemicals on the job,” said Jake Morin, program executive in ProSight’s Building and Building Services niche. “ProSight delivers targeted solutions to address these unique risks. We look forward to partnering with PBC’s Weisburger Division to provide specialized and differentiated insurance solutions to help minimize exposures for the Pest Control industry.”
ProSight’s pest control customers will have access to leading-edge options including additional coverages and exclusive products, services and special offerings:
– Client loss of income coverage—Protection in the event that a client’s business becomes uninhabitable due to pest infestation. Any income lost during days the property cannot be used to operate business is included.
– Professional liability coverage—E&O coverage to help safeguard against a situation where employees make a mistake and overlook an infestation or issue during inspection.
– Electronic Data Liability—Covers loss of electronic data whether or not there is tangible property damage, including unintentional damage to underground cabling or accidental water damage to electronics.
– Data Compromise Coverage —Designed to help manage fall out, comply with legal notifications and handle PR in the wake of a breach.
– Chemical exposure coverage—Protection when someone becomes sick or is harmed from pollution caused by chemicals sprayed.
“With more than 5,000 active accounts, Program Brokerage Corporation is one of the largest providers of insurance products and services to the pest control industry nationwide; it’s a title we’ve held proudly since 1934 and makes us an ideal partner for ProSight to launch such a program,” added Scott Bell, senior vice president of programs for Program Brokerage Corporation. “Between our industry acumen and ProSight’s continued pursuit of insurance innovation, we’re undoubtedly positioned for success—delivering a new pest control program that is sure to be a game-changer for full-time structural pest control operators.”