Cadillac Fairview Announces Partnership with Landmark Cinemas in Calgary
CALGARY, January 29, 2018
Cadillac Fairview and Ivanhoé Cambridge are pleased to announce a new partnership with Calgary-based Landmark Cinemas to open a premium movie theatre at CF Market Mall in Calgary. The grand opening is slated for spring 2019. Located on the southwest corner of the centre, in the space formerly occupied by Staples, the new five-screen theatre will be outfitted in luxury recliner power seating, providing a premium movie-going experience for Calgarians.
“At CF Market Mall, we’re proud to offer a dynamic and evolving mix which includes best-in-class retailers, dining options and now entertainment with the addition of Landmark Cinemas,” said Darren Milne, General Manager, CF Market Mall. “As a family-friendly shopping centre, our guests are eager to have a theatre at CF Market Mall and we look forward to Landmark Cinemas’ grand opening next spring.”
“As a Calgary based company Landmark Cinemas is incredibly excited to bring our recliner experience to CF Market Mall. Recliner seating, combined with complimentary reserved seating, provides an unsurpassed movie-going experience while maintaining a value proposition that allows customers to enjoy the movies more often,” said Bill Walker, CEO, Landmark Cinemas.
Known for their state-of-the-art theatres, Landmark Cinemas’ new home at CF Market Mall will feature:
– A five-screen, 25,000 square foot complex featuring 619 Premium Powered Recliner seats;
– All auditoriums will feature Landmark’s new Premium Powered Recliner seating in a full-stadium configuration. This new, motorized, fully reclining seat with extended footrest, will provide every guest with a significant increase in personal space and a relaxing, disruption-free movie-going experience;
– All seating, at every performance, will be available on a complimentary reserved seating basis and tickets will be available in advance through Landmark’s website, landmarkcinemas.com, or through ATOM Tickets, the first of its kind cinema mobile ticketing and concession purchase platform and app that enables guests to skip lineups at the box office and concession;
– Giant, wall-to-wall screens over 25 ft. tall and the latest in digital projection and sound, and;
– An expanded concession offering, including traditional cinema fare complemented by additional choices in hot foods.
“We are pleased to enter into a new partnership with Landmark Cinemas. Not only is Landmark Cinemas a Calgary-based company with a deep understanding of the local market but they also provide an international perspective having been recently acquired by Kinepolis Group NV,” said Josh Thomson, Vice President, Development, Cadillac Fairview. “We’re excited to introduce this smaller theatre format at CF Market Mall and believe it will resonate strongly with the centre’s core shopper base of families.”
About Cadillac Fairview
Cadillac Fairview is one of the largest owners, operators and developers of best-in-class office, retail and mixed-use properties in North America.
About Landmark Cinemas Canada
Acquired in December 2017 by Kinepolis Group NV, Belgium, Landmark is Canada’s second largest motion picture, theatre exhibition company. From a single screen in 1965, today Landmark Cinemas welcomes Movie Lovers to connect and share the perfect movie-going experience in 43 cinemas and 302 screens throughout Western Canada, Ontario and the Yukon Territory.